Friday, 30 November 2012

Walking away with a great feeling.

So here we are on Nov 30th the final day of NaNoWriMo and in the last couple of hours validation will be closed. 

 Looking back at the beginning of the month, I was set I had two major story ideas plotted out and down on paper. I was happy with my plots, even though I didn't go into to much detail as I wanted to happen since i never really stick to them. My plots are normally there as just a very light outline, I doubt that they will ever change into anything more than that. 

I struggled with the first story even after I had written my favorite line, I found that the more I wrote in this story the more serious plot holes are missing and that they were betted suited to have a more constructive plot than I originally thought.

I moved onto my second story to try and get it out but found that it was going well, that is until I somehow managed to kill off my main character in the first chapter. I admit that my character was to die, but not until the end of the story. With this occurrence it made me really wonder what I was thinking while plotting it out. 

Come the seventeenth I had changed over to a story that i plotted out earlier this year for a series that will be at least 3 novel's long. So I started writing the first novel, it wasn't until a couple of days ago that I had gotten my main character towards the main plot of the novel. The only downside is not only is it not near the middle of the novel, but I still haven't come across my antagonist of the story.

Ever since I first took part in my first Nano I always find myself leaving with not only a great experience and some new friends, but along with challenges and surprises around ever turn. This year is no different, even though I had trouble with my stories that I wanted to write, I still had tones of fun writing them anyway. 

I didn't get any writing done today due to the fact:

I gotten woken up early this morning due to someone complaining that they were out of food, at that's not something I normally get woken up to in the extremely early morning. After feeding the cat and going back to sleep I didn't wake up till what i thought was ten am, but when I checked the time, i discovered that it was really one pm. I scrambled around as I had to leave for work in that hour. I learned a good lesson today, don't chance it set an alarm just to be safe.

Work in its self was tiring since lottery was high which made me quite busy especially since my co-worker didn't want to help me. i struggled threw it and I was quite happy by the time closing came even though I was getting out a bit later than normal, but everything was done and ready for the next morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment